Since it was Munday, I decided to do a small art reference project for myself. And then I decided to make it public with the following notes.
From Left to Right, Top to Bottom:
What NOT to do (front):
- Don’t chicken wing your arms! Although it might be easier to hold the rifle, you will make yourself a bigger target.
- Don’t close your one eye! You will lose your depth perception, which is crucial when you are on the move, or are trying to determine how far away your target is
- Don’t keep your legs haphazardly strewn about. You need to make sure you’re balanced!
What to do (front)
- Keep both eyes open
- Bend your elbows downwards and towards the ground to make yourself a smaller target
- Bend your knees to control the gun’s recoil + be ready to move.
What NOT to do (side)
- Don’t put the stock above your shoulder
- Don’t lean back.
- Both of the above reduce your control over the weapon and may result in a black eye, and the rifle flying backwards and out of your hands.
What to do (side)
- Bury the stock of the rifle into the meaty part of your shoulder
- Lean into the gun to keep the gun under control when the recoil of the gun kicks the gun upwards or to the side
- Bend your knees slightly to lean forward, as well as make yourself a smaller target
- The soldier is relaxed and is most likely moving around.
- His eyes are searching for possible threats
- His hands are still on the rifle, even if he has a sling on
Low Ready Stance
- Possible threat has been detected
- Entire body shifts towards threat direction
- Stock is shouldered
- Eyes are focused on the possible target
- Gun barrel is pointed in the target’s general direction, but not directly at the target.
- Immediate response
- Soldier fires off shots while screaming to the other people in his team
- "CONTACT!" or "THREAT!"
BadKing is a free ZBrush resource site specialising in tutorials, 3D modeling, insert multi mesh brushes, alpha maps, concept art and more. We are comprised of a small group of professional artists that have over a decade of experience in the videogame, feature film, advertising and publishing industries.
OKAY BUT MORE IMPORTANTLY
THIS IS GREAT ART REF for a generic standing pose bust still. Never pass up a chance at a rotatable 3d model.
ah yes, my body type
my imagination says yes, but my drawing skills say no
October is coming up fast and you know what that means. Drawlloween is among us! I invite all creatives and non-creatives alike to participate in this daily challenge. Draw, paint, letter, design, photograph (or whatever) something everyday according to the daily topic. Be sure to tag your creation with #drawlloween so we can all see what you came up with!
6 hours left for day one oops
AAAAALLRIGHT ASPIRING CONCEPT ARTISTS, ILLUSTRATORS, ANIMATORS, AND OR JUST ARTISTS IN GENERAL.
THIS IS A BEAUTIFUL EXERCISE I REALLY RECOMMEND YOU ALL DO.
In the red, we have a skeletal study—finding out where the bones or structure of the character would be. In blue we have the peices of the characters split into different shapes to make them easier to draw and remember. Green is mass shapes and masses. Purple is the line of action.
Guys, I have like. A bazillion times more understanding of the characters above than I had before. I completely recommend doing this: study their skeleton and then dominant shapes and masses. It will give you a better understanding of how your character moves and is held together.
The line of motion helps you make your character move in a more interesting fashion. It helps you see their movement and motion in a better light, and where there weight is being distributed.
And there you go.
What better way to celebrate Halloween then a 31 day ART CHALLENGE?
RULES: Art submissions can be most anything (stories, drawings, crafts, etc) as long as they pertain to one of the days words. See how creatively you can incorporate the words for each day!
Feel free to submit your writing/art to the Challenge’s main blog, spoopyartchallenge. It’s a great way to meet other artists and give your creations some exposure! Signal boosts always help!!
Five more days till the challenge starts. Are you ready?YaaaasOOOH
((Eh, shading’s crap as usual and I’ve gone back to shitty gradient backgrounds, BUT AT LEAST I FINALLY FINISHED THE DAMN THING. Only took me, what, two freakin’ weeks?))